I’ll be the first one to admit it – Facebook can be finicky when tagging, but perserverance will prevail.
Tagging in a Post/Status Update
To tag someone in your post, start typing their name and then select their profile from the dropdown menu that appears (make sure to capitalize the first letter of their name). To tag a Page, type the “@” symbol and then start typing the Page’s name.
(Using the @ symbol for either a page or a profile is more consistent)
Tagging Yourself or Your Friends in a Photo:
- Click the photo to expand it
- Hover over the photo and click Tag Photoat the bottom
- Click the person in the photo and start typing their name
- Choose the full name of the person you want to tag when it appears
- Click Done Tagging
If you want to tag friends in multiple photos in an album at once:
- Go to the album
- Click Tagat the top right of the page
- Enter the name of a friend or page to tag
- Click each photo you want to tag with that name
- Click Save Tagswhen you’re finished
- Repeat this process for each friend or page you’d like to tag
Keep in mind that when you tag someone in a photo, that person’s friends may also see, like or comment on the photo. Also, if you tag a photo that was not uploaded by a friend, the person who uploaded the photo will need to approve the tag.
How Facebook Tagging Works –
Tag people in your posts
Add tags to anything you post, including photos and updates. Tags can point to your friends or anyone else on Facebook. Adding a tag creates a link that people can follow to learn more. Adding tags can let people know when they’re in photos or other things you share. People you tag can receive a notification so they can see your post. The post may also go on the person’s profile and appear in their friends’ news feeds.